4/26/2014

Culture in the Classroom. The new FSL curriculum in Ontario.

My grade 8 class engaged in French culture this semester. They were required to create a lesson based on the culture of a French speaking country. 

They learned well and created lessons that were engaging and motivating.


The students created lessons that captured the essence of the country they were studying and we covered the cultural aspect of the curriculum points for grade 7&8. 

The students enjoyed the independence and the ability to work creatively and collaboratively. 



Follow- up activity: 

I asked my intermediate students to present their projects to my junior class. The students were in AMAZEMENT! They enjoyed it so much and really liked having the older students be their "teacher" for the class. This creates collaboration and a respectful environment among all my students. It has been a successful lesson and everyone had enjoyed it!